Saturday, May 5, 2007

Friday, May 4th

Back at it! We hit the studio for 6 and a half hours today and worked exclusively on keyboard parts. We've got Killers-ish synth riffs, soaring strings, intimate cello, grand piano and violins happening on different tracks. We've worked really hard at not being predictable and not simply throwing stuff in there just for sake of adding something. Coop's been great to work with as far as letting me know when I'm adding something that doesn't need to be there. The old adage "less is more" always rings true for song arrangements. Everything has to have a purpose and a place. It can't compete with another instrument or vocal and it has to have it's own "space" in the mix. We've only got one more song to finish up keys on ("Worthy of the Call") and a couple of rhythm electric guitar parts that are out of tune that need to be re-played. So that's the plan for tomorrow afternoon, then Coop will be mixing while I'm out of town next week. He'll be sending me MP3z to listen to and I'll be emailing him my thoughts throughout the week.

Almost there...

2 comments:

Bryonm said...

cool...

Anonymous said...

Um. Ah? Can I like...Um ..Like play my bongos in ur band....Like would that be HMMmmm Ok?

I mean i can play all day like um um um real good.



The Player w/ a heart