Friday, April 13, 2007

Thursday, April 12th

Long day today - 5 and a half hours sitting in front of the Pro Tools rig playing lead guitar. That's just about as much as you can take before dementia begins creeping in and you start convincing yourself that air guitar makes for just as good a recording as real guitar...

We've only got 3 more songs to finish up before all of the lead guitar stuff is done! I've been getting incredibly close to my ideal guitar tone (I don't think you ever really get "there" if you're a guitar player) using my Line6 rig (which I mentioned in previous posts) and have been getting a lot of mileage out of the recently released amp model of the Orange AD30TC. When I left Texas a couple of year's ago I had a good buddy who had an Orange guitar rig - the tone completely blew my mind when I heard him play through it with his Les Paul! The sound I'm getting with my Les Paul through my Line6 gear in unbelievably close to the real thing...

We should wrap up lead guitars tomorrow.

No comments: